Saturday, December 1, 2007

Wild Horses - My Heart's Cry

I heard this beautiful song today and it deeply touched my heart. Is there anyone else who feels this way? I don't know if anyone ever comes here and views these posts but I put them up because they speak to me and I hope they will to someone else who needs it as well.


music player
I made this music player at MyFlashFetish.com.


Wild Horses by Natasha Bedingfield

Ooooh

I feel these four walls closing in
Face up against the glass
I'm looking out, hmmm
Is this my life I'm wondering
It happened so fast
How do I turn this thing around
Is this the bed I chose to make
It's greener pastures I'm thinking about
Hmm, wide open spaces far away

All I want is the wind in my hair
To face the fear but not feel scared

Ooh, wild horses I wanna be like you
Throwing caution to the wind, I'll run free too
Wish I could recklessly love like I'm longing to
I wanna run with the wild horses
Run with the wild horses, oh

Yeah, oh oh, ye-yeah

I see the girl I wanna be
Riding bare-back, care-free
Along the shore
If only that someone was me
Jumping head-first, head-long
Without a thought
To act and damn the consequence
How I wish it could be that easy
But fear surrounds me like a fence
I wanna break free

All I want is the wind in my hair
To face the fear, but not feel scared

Oooh, wild horses I wanna be like you
Throwing caution to the wind, I'll run free too
Wish I could recklessly love like I'm longing to
I wanna run with the wild horses
Run with the wild horses, oh

I wanna run too
Oooh oh oh oh
Recklessly abandoning myself before you
I wanna open up my heart
Tell him how I feel, ooh ooh

Oooh, wild horses I wanna be like you
Throwing caution to the wind, I'll run free too
Wish I could recklessly love like I'm longing to
I wanna run with the wild horses
Run with the wild horses
Run with the wild horses

Ooh ooooh ooh ooh ye-yeah yeah oohh
I wanna run with the wild horses, ooooh

7 comments:

Stephanie said...

Hey Sheryl,
I just wanted you to know how much your comments mean to me. I am so glad that you get what I'm saying, I'm just getting into this writing out my thoughts gig.

I am always inspired and encouraged by your words.

Grace Walker said...

Stephanie, I have to tell you that your post could not be more timely. It's been a particularly hard day and your kindness brings tears to my eyes. Thank you for letting me know.

Stephanie said...

You're welcome, I know a bit about what you are going through and yet I always see inspiration in your posts. You are a light for me and I'm sure others who read your posts.

It's so awesome that we can encourage one another through this online cyber sisterhood stuff :)

Mattityahu said...

You needuh post more often, woman! Let's hear all your adventures in God's grace!!! WE WANT GRACE! WE WANT GRACE! -bangs silverware-

Sarah said...

Oh, yes...Let your hair down and run wild! Live in God's Grace.

Blessings,
Sarah
www.fairystitch.blogspot.com (the other me)

Grace Walker said...

Sarah, thank you so much for your kind comment. It's very encouraging to me! I appreciate you stopping by my blog. :o)

Blessings,
Sheryl

Sarah said...

We have an inch of snow outside--YES, I got out of bed finally!

Sheryl, no, we are not moving back to California...just visiting. dh has to attend a seminar in Fremont, CA, while the kids and I enjoy friends' and my mom's companies for 10 days. I lived in the Bay Area in Northern California for 25+ years and still have a strong tie to the homeschooling circles there. It was difficult to uproot the family to Oregon but that's the calling. The kids really love it here now that they have a good foundation of friends.

We've spent times in different part of California--No. and So.--it is nothing like the unique Bay Area--it's a country of its own (and I'm not kidding.) I miss the diversity and abundance of cultural resources that the Bay Area has to offer. So, visiting is a treat. Plus, great timing to get out of the cold.

We have a friend who is in Yuma but she is longing to move desperately (hopefully here in Bend) as she is tired of the heat in the summer and nothing to do there. She and her son come here or Portland to get away or find interesting things to do.

If you and your family ever consider moving to Bend or visit, let me know. We love to get together. Our humble home is always open to liked-minds...nothing fancy, just cozy and LIVE-IN.

Have a great day.

Blessings,
Sarah
www.fairystitch.blogspot.com (the other me)